With People Skills You Can Surpass the Competition
Some examples of these ‘people’ or ‘soft’ skills are:
- Leoadership and Management Skills
- Group dynamics
- Communication skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Sales skills
- Organisational skills
Why are ‘People Skills’ so important to entrepreneurial success?
- They determine our interpersonal relationships and therefore the success or failure of any communication (e.g. as in sales conversations or counselling interviews, the understanding within a team, salary negotiations).
- The change from a product society to a service society has caused the need for companies to distinguish themselves from the competition by the quality of their customer relationships.
- The process of globalisation requires a clearer communication with international customers, suppliers and business associates.
In our daily communication it is sometimes more important HOW something is being said, than WHAT is being said.
What’s in it for you and your employees?
The ability to:
- Effectively and clearly communicate with colleagues, customers, bosses and employees.
- Identify the needs, motivations and attitudes of those around you, and to deal with these in a solution-oriented manner.
- Enthuse your clients through a vivid and customised language and to lead them to a decision.
- Professionally negotiate with customers and business partners and to handle objections sensitively and effectively.
- Present products, services and ideas in a confident and convincing way.
- Optimise work effectiveness by using time and self-management skills.
= Increasing results and job-satisfaction
What can you do to foster these skills within your company?
- Put great value on these skills when hiring new people.
- Acquire basic knowledge and strategic competences form the current literature.
- Attend appropriate management training seminars.
- Encourage your employees to attend appropriate seminars.
- Conduct regular strength and weaknesses analysis together with your employees and offer coaching where needed.
- Establish a business culture within your company which is determined by con-scious planning, communication and implementation.