"The only way to make a man trust-worthy is to trust him." (Henry Stimson)
9 Urgent Measures for More Loyalty and Trust
- Agree on realistic goals and trust in your employee’s ability to find his own way to reach the goals.
- Transfer responsibility. Do not interfere or try to help as long as mentoring is sufficient.
- Let your employees know that you need them and rely on them. Have the courage to show vulnerability.
- Promote the strengths of your employees with appropriate training, coaching and mentoring.
- Be open to constructive and critical suggestions and ideas which show that they are assuming more responsibility.
- Convey information on time and completely. Communicate positive as well as negative news.
- Conduct regular and personal staff meetings for constructive and confi-dential communication.
- Give credit and praise for good performance.
- Demonstrate trust e.g. - the handling of office keys and time recording.