Interviews - How to Find the Best Employees
The use of tests and references are common methods to assess the aptitude of an applicant. The most important method, however, is the personal interview.
How to gain the confidence of good applicants during the hiring process:
- The hiring process is a sales process. You need to convey a convincing image of your company’s culture, values, vision and development.
- Give the candidate a detailed description of the position, tasks, required qualifications, responsibilities and long-term objectives.
- Find out the needs and expectations of the candidate.
- Outline the candidate’s opportunities for personal development within your company.Make sure that the candidate feels comfortable throughout the process.
- Introduce an initial training plan to the candidate, which will allow him to connect to his new job immediately.
Thorough qualifying reduces hiring mistakes
The goal of qualifying is to choose the right applicant for you to work with and the one, in your opinion, with the best chance to be successful. The following questions need to be answered prior to your decision:
- Does the candidate fulfil the necessary requirements to do a good job?
- Is he motivated to be successful for my company in the long run?
- Does the candidate fit into my team?
- Does the job meet the expectations and needs of the candidate?
10 questions to identify the right candidate:
- What are your qualifications and what have you done professionally so far?
- Are there any irregularities in your curriculum vitae? If so, why?
- In your opinion, why are you qualified for this job?
- What special skills can you contribute to this job? Do you have experience in comparable jobs?
- What is your current position? Why are you thinking about quitting?
- What are your most important professional and personal goals for the future?
- Where would you like to be professionally in five years?
- How important is vocational training to you? What have you done so far to advance your career?
- What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
- What tasks do you like doing? What tasks don’t you like doing?
The goal of a well conducted interview is to avoid expensive hiring mistakes and to build a strong team of employees with whom you can work together successfully.